Ian Weller wrote:

More importantly, we need to decide the requirements for photos in the
book. Nicu, can you help us out on that?

The most important requirement from a technical point of view is to have the images big enough, so depending on the paper size we may want to resuest something like at least 4 or 5 Megapixels (multiply the page size in inches with 300 DPI and we get the minimum resolution needed in pixels).

We can also talk about file formats and require either RAW or JPEG with a high quality, we have to accept JPEG as not all cameras are capable of producing RAW, but a JPEG saved with a quality factor of 85 (with visible JPEG artefacts) is unacceptable, so we may go with something like at least 98.

Not sure about post-processing, like some noise reduction, sharpening or color adjustments: we'll do this ourselves for the selected images or require the submitter to to it. I feel more inclined for doing it ourselves, as it will allow contributions from more people.

I don't think we can list requirements from an artistic point of view (quality, composition), as those are hard to define. This is where we will have to make the selection from the submitted pool.

And you already know about the legal requirements.

Also I'm getting prepared on how tos on uploading photos to the wiki,
release forms, etc. Once that's ready to roll, we'll have a process
worked out for contributing your photos and stories to the book.