From: Richard S. Hall [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, January 03, 2007 1:38 PM
To: felix-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Error launching Felix in Eclipse 3.2.1

Todd Nist wrote:
> No, I used maven from the command line to build Felix, and it runs
fine
> from the command line.  The actual version is:
>
> -> version
> 0.9.0.incubator-SNAPSHOT
> ->
>
> It only fails inside of Eclipse currently when I create a specific
"Run
> Configuration" for it so I can test my bundles in Eclipse.  Not a show
> stopper, but I would like to understand why it works in one and not
the
> other.

That is strange then. Yes, we should try to figure it out. Perhaps you
can tell me the steps you have used to create your "run configuration"
and I can try to repeat it locally and see if it does the same thing. If

so, then maybe I can figure it out.

> I just tried running it again, and am getting a different error
> that appears to be happening much sooner:

The error is happening much sooner because of the failed state of the
cached bundles...the null is actually misleading here since this is
actually a result of not being able to start the cached bundle. I
noticed previously in such cases null gets passed to the event object
when firing a framework event to report the bundle error, which then
results in this exception...this will be fixed in trunk pretty soon.

-> richard

> Welcome to Felix.
> =================
>
> Enter profile name: test
>
> Could not create framework: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: null
> source
> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: null source
>       at java.util.EventObject.<init>(Unknown Source)
>       at
> org.osgi.framework.FrameworkEvent.<init>(FrameworkEvent.java:163)
>       at
> org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.fireFrameworkEvent(Felix.java:2846)
>       at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.start(Felix.java:461)
>       at org.apache.felix.main.Main.main(Main.java:208)
>

> I will continue to play around with it since it seems as though this
> should work fine.
>
> Regards,
> Todd

org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.processAutoProperties(Felix.java:3009)