Hi all,

Forgive me if I am wrong, but the discussion of whether to structure
the projects as sub-projects with other sub-projects has probably
nothing to do with Eclipse - as long as a parent project is a pom
project and does not contain its own Java source.

Whether and how to support PDE for bundle development is IMHO a
completely different discussion worth to be held.

This is simply about structuring the projects to get a better overview
and probably build control.

As such, I am in favor of hierarchical structuring.

The question to me is rather, what exactly is structured into lower
levels. IPOJO and mosgi are obvious candidates for sub-structuring.
But how about others ? Is it more like "implementations of OSGi
specified services are not structured ?" But then how about the
eventadmin projects, which IMHO warant substructuring, too. Of is the
substructuring more like help work around the maven issue regarding
the package extensions ?

So I propose the following :
 > Create sub projects of IPOJO, mosgi, eventadmin, upnp and shell projects
 > Create a subproject for straight OSGi-componendium implementations
like scr, http.jetty, log
 > Create sort of an extension (or contrib or xxx) sub project for
projects not directly related to OSGi specifications like mishell,
jmood, dependencymanager, jmxintrospector, servicebinder.
 > Leave the rest (osgi libraries, framework, main, bundlerepository,
..) at the "top".
 > Leave the tools as is (for the moment)

Re tools: Maybe it would be worth a separate discussion on how to
proceed on the different maven plugins in tools/maven2 and maybe
include the IPOJO plugin in this discussion.

Regards
Felix