On 4/10/07, Richard S. Hall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Annette Bening wrote:
> I'm trying to understand how to make a substring pattern that starts
> with a
> wildcard.  IIUC, it will be interpreted as a present filter expression.
> Does anyone have any insight on this?

Looking at the source, it definitely appears that Parser.java is
attempting to differentiate between "=*" and "=*foo"...I did a simple
test with the ldap Driver class and it correctly interpreted "(cn=*ab)"
and a SUBSTRING operation.

Ahh, ok.

Could you perhaps send me a simple expression that is failing?

Nothing is failing.  Just trying to grok the spec.  What if I wanted to
specify a single wildcard?

- Anne