On Thu, 2007-09-27 at 18:15 -0700, Erick Tryzelaar wrote:

> > > TypeError: __init__() got an unexpected keyword argument 'name'
> >
> > Do you have Tcl/Tk installed?
>

> That seems to be the case. What's strange though is that on my mac, i
> can only get it to work with my python 2.5 build. It doesn't work on
> the builtin python version 2.3 nor my version of python 2.4. I wonder
> what's going on.

Python module Tkinter requires C module _tkinter linked
against tcl and tk libs, so the two non-working versions
probably aren't linked. The installed version of Tcl/Tk
has to match the one linked against too: as well as the
shared libs there are some Tcl/Tk text files in some
directories somewhere.

It's a pain, but it's the easiest way to get a functioning
GUI interface for Felix.

Actually .. it is using a table now, and can do 'anything'
you like on any filetype. Just hit the 'profile' button,
and you can edit the list:

  [
      # filetype, button, command
       ("flx","run","bin/flx --test %s"),
       ("cpp","run","bin/flx --test --nofelix --force %s"),
       ("py","run","python %s.py")
  ]

which says 'make a button called *run*', when it is pressed with
a file with extension .flx, .cpp, or .py, take the action specified,
after replacing %s with the filename (minus the extension).

I even managed to run autorun.py this way .. :)