On 05/04/2009, at 2:13 AM, Emmanuel Onzon wrote:

> Unfortunately this makes a real mess of expression RHS. You have to
> write:
>
>        expr [term] = expr[term] + expr[<term];
>
> to get left associativity and the right precendences (or is that
> right assoc ?)
>
> This is left assoc, since expr of priority term are not allowed
> on the right side of +.

Argument is fallacious :) Since it would also be the case if I wrote
 >term.
I always get confused by ordering: if

        x < y

which has the higher priority, x or y? If like integers, y is bigger,
though I usually associate bigger integers with lower priority!

But the notation also suggest x is "above" y in a lattice.
And indeed for boolean

        x < y MEANS x implies y

that is

        x --> y

which is not at all intuitive. Anyhow just a rant ... :)
[Erick said he was missing them so, here's one for
him to enjoy on the weekend :->

--
john skaller
skal...@users.sourceforge.net