Well, I'm now struggling with the usual problem: how to produce documentation.

Basically, I'd like to pull down the web-site and start again from scratch
without
a messy content manager. That may be appropriate if we had lots of users,
but since there's only two of us, it would be easier to post documentation
by using the repository and periodically extracting the web-site, since
that allows offline editing.

But the big problem: what format to use for docs?

Interscript is the current format, it produces web pages and (should)
also make LaTeX, but it has a number of quirks which would require
some work to fix (one of which is that it requires lines to change styles
and doesn't handle spaces properly on style changes).

Raw HTML is a possibility, though it is very hard to work with.
Links aren't all that easy because one has to name all the files
and then it is a nightmare to change anything. And the markup
is <em>soooo</em> verbose it is a pain to read and write.

LaTeX is easier to work with, and can be converted to HTML
by one of several converters. This would produce a nice stylised
layout, as well as PDF. But it lacks proper hyperlinking and other
nice stuff that can be done with web pages.

--
john skaller
skal...@users.sourceforge.net