On 04/11/2010, at 4:11 AM, Erick Tryzelaar wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 30, 2010 at 12:00 AM, john skaller
> <skal...@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
>> Anyone know how to portably get the time from a stat buf?
>
> I don't unfortunately. You can use fbuild's config support to
> distinguish between all the different stat structures and define a
> macro to pick which one to use pretty easily though.

Well this seems like a cooperative effort, I don't know what fbuild
is doing here, nor really how to hook it,  but I can set up the
Felix library so that the stat support is generated, or at least
portable***.

*** Here, generated means a single thing got generated, whereas
portable means code with conditional compilation or such like,
which depends on some generated stuff.

I note there's a serious issue with generated code: it probably won't
work right if host platform isn't target platform. The config/*.fpc suffer
this problem too: they're set up for the host, not the target.

--
john skaller
skal...@users.sourceforge.net