On 09/12/2010, at 3:22 AM, Erick Tryzelaar wrote:

>> Perhaps Erick has a clue .. hmm .. this is nonsense .. with debugging in the
>> program too:
>>
>> lib1=build/release-optimized/test/regress/drt/lib1.so,
>> lib2=build/release-optimized/test/regress/drt/lib2.so
>> checking build/release-optimized/test/regress/drt/main1: failed: output does
>> not match
>>  Starting ..
>> - lib1=build/release-optimized/test/regress/drt/lib1.so
>> - lib2=build/release-optimized/test/regress/drt/lib2.so
>> + lib1 running
>> + lib2 running
>> + Its run
>>
>> so the environment is getting to the program fine.
>>
>> It WORKS from the command line but not in the test suite .. why??
>
> I got to run, but if I remember correctly I think this test succeeding
> or not is non-deterministic :( I'm doing a full rebuild off the head
> of the tree, and it passed for me.

Nah, it's deterministic. There used to be a problem that the shared library
names differed between platforms, but that's been fixed by passing
in the filenames via the environment. I checked and the build system
and program both handle that correctly.

There IS a quirk: on Linux, dlopen("file.so") will not load the file from
current directory, it looks only in the LD_LIBRARY_PATH and pre-set
places for libraries, so if you want to load from current directory you have
to put "./file.so". I had lots of fun getting that right in "flx".

However the special case only applies to a simple name, not a path:
current directory relative paths with "/" in them work fine. The rule is a bit
weird but it makes sense, because its the only way to load files
from the LD_LIBRARY_PATH or fixed places "for sure" and not from
the current directory.

It is probably something to do with the environment inside fbuild.
I means it *has* to be that: the code actually works outside fbuild,
and it works on OSX.

--
john skaller
skal...@users.sourceforge.net