On 12/02/2011, at 12:40 PM, Erick Tryzelaar wrote:

> There is also a library called smfl, that was written in response to
> sdl 1.3 taking a long time. I just havent had time to write a binding
> of it yet.
>
> http://www.sfml-dev.org

I think we'll try to dump SDL.

SFML libraries

SFML is completely free for any use, commercial or not, open-source or not.
That is, you can use SFML API in your project without any restriction.
Indication that you use SFML in your project is not required, but would be
appreciated.

External libraries used by SFML

        • GLEW is under the BSD license, the SGI license or the GLX license
        • OpenAL-Soft is under the LGPL license
        • libsndfile is under the LGPL license
        • stb_vorbis is public domain
        • libjpeg is public domain
        • libpng is under the zlib/png license
        • zlib is under the zlib/png license
        • SOIL is public domain
        • freetype is under the FreeType license or the GPL license

All those external libs are a bit of a worry though .. SDL doesn't use anything
like that.

SDL mailing list proves totally useless in terms of support.

--
john skaller
skal...@users.sourceforge.net