Suspecting the code generator for the complex code in lib/std/posix/filesystem
function
regfilesin, I rewrote it to be a bit more procedural... discovered a bug in the
front end
putting a spurious label and the end of a statement match terminated by a
wildcard
leading to false fatal error "function doesn't return". Running the new code I
noticed
this:

flx_ls .. '.*'
matched .kvirc/global/defscript/theme-install.kvs
found file .kvirc/global/defscript/toolbars.kvs
matched .kvirc/global/defscript/toolbars.kvs
found file .kvirc/global/help/en/_db_class.idx
no match .kvirc/global/help/en/_db_class.idx

woops! Suddenly RE2 is giving the wrong answer.
A bit later the GC goes into spasms. The program terminates
without error .. but fails to return ANY files.

--
john skaller
skal...@users.sourceforge.net