I have rewritten the basic I/O system .. formerly Text_file.
The new I/O subsystem supports I/O to both FILE and iostreams.

To protect the guilty, some names have been changed:

FILE things are now called ifile, ofile, and
iostream things are now called istream and ostream.

More re-factoring may occur.

In particular the io/stream system, which is provides an abstraction
for OS level files (file descriptor on Unix, Handle on Windows)
and sockets, is not coupled to the stuff in io/textfile.flx... yet.

The new system uses abstract classes with virtual functions,
then provides Cstdio and Iostream classes which have instances
for those file types.

I/O using println should work the same, and writeln will be the
same provided you're using a standard stream thing.

A lot of definitions of fprint have been removed from the library:
fprint should be calling the str function for conversions.

--
john skaller
skal...@users.sourceforge.net