I have added a tool "flx_libindex" that prints all the functions,
generators, constructors, procedures, and classes in the library,
sorted by name, and with the file: line and type.

1 hour and 43 lines of code. Yum. Felix is awesome.
Running time: 7 seconds (Macbook Pro, clang++).
Around 6000 lines. Sample output:

rfind
  std/string.flx:118 fun rfind (s:string, e:char, i:int) : opt[int]
  std/string.flx:117 fun rfind (s:string, e:char) : opt[int]
  std/string.flx:116 fun rfind (s:string, e:+char, i:int) : opt[int]
  std/string.flx:115 fun rfind (s:string, e:+char) : opt[int]
  std/string.flx:114 fun rfind (s:string, e:string, i:int) : opt[int]
  std/string.flx:113 fun rfind (s:string, e:string) : opt[int]
rfold
  stl/stl.flx:46 class Stl
  stl/stl.flx:38 virtual fun rfold[i] (f:i->v->i) (var acc:i) (x:c): i
rjust
  std/string.flx:264 fun rjust(x:string, width:int) : string
ropen
  std/win32/filesystem.flx:36 gen ropen: string -> posix_file
  std/posix/filesystem.flx:36 gen ropen: string -> posix_filerwopen

I guess I will add a mod so if you give a symbol it just prints
that one.

The webserver (or Dobes IDE) could use this index for hyperlinking.
It may be possible to have it so commentary is also attached to a
symbol, and thereby produce indexed documentation.

Actually this tool initially listed stuff for each library file,
which was also useful, but I removed that output so the
whole result was sorted by symbol (so it is easy to use it
for an index generator). Probably should provide an option
(or another tool to retain that behaviour).

--
john skaller
skal...@users.sourceforge.net