Thank you for writing to me.

I am certainly responsible in a way that I requested that I picked up
Suzi (and all the other kitties I have spayed/neutered I the past)as
soon as the surgery was done in stead of them waiting at the clinic for
the rest of the day - this was suggested by Dr. Addie who research FIP
intensively to avoid any additional stress for corona virus positive
cats -
We do have a clinic in my town as you described below - but since they
are my own cats, I take them to my vet - the main reason why I did not
want to use the clinic was due to the type of anesthesia they use - they
use kedamin(?) and I almost lost one of the tom cats I trapped a couple
of years ago due to the reaction - so ever since them, I have been
taking them to my own vet since they use gas anesthesia - out of 9
litter kitties, Suzi was the very last one to go through the surgery (I
did over the course of several months) - so I probably did not pay good
enough attention, I was not too worried as the first 8 went well with no
problem. - I used to bring them the first thing in the morning, and my
vet would do surgery on them right away without them waiting so that
their stress is minimal, and as soon as they are awake and they seem ok,
then she would let me take them home, which worked out well for everyone
else.  Except that I took Suzi and Yoshi that day, and I decided to take
Yoshi home first after her surgery was done first and then I was going
to come back before Suzi's surgery was over to pick Suzi up - and I was
late, and was not there when she woke up and when she needed me most.
Since the vet thought that I was on the way, they put her in a carrier.
Sure,  they should have paid attention to Suzi until I got there - but
it was definitely my fault, too.  I think something different happened
during the surgeries, as Yoshi also ran fever (106) that afternoon, too.
The doctor said that suzi's throat was all swollen, and Yoshi's tongue
was swollen, too.  But, if I was there 10 min. earlier, Suzi was alive,
and I would have know something was wrong right away!

Anyway, I think that I will always live with the pain regardless - but
more than anything else - I just simply miss her, I would do anything if
I could spend another day, another hour, or another minute with her -

Hideyo