Sheila,

I worked on the crisis care team for Hospice of Dayton for two years - working night shift taking care of people who were in their last days to weeks of life - and working nights, I saw many people have visits with dead friends and relatives.  Watching someone have a visit is like watching someone have an animated phone conversation.  Generally, visits with humans only last from about 1/2 an hour to a couple hours (one gentleman's lasted 3 1/2 hours).  Many of my patients said that the family dog or cat was in the room and had been with them 24/7 for a couple weeks - and the family dog or cat that stayed with them had been gone for years.  I suspect that humans on the other side need a different level of energy to come through than animals do, or that animals are better at coming through for us - either because of their impatience to see us or to be seen by us again, or because their love is purer and easier to focus at us.

What I've seen working for hospice backs up 100% the things that John Edward talks about in TV appearances, lectures, and his books "One Last Time" and "Crossing Over, The Stories Behind the Stories" and what Sylvia Brown talks about in her books and appearances (she's on the Montel Williams show on Wednesday's pretty often).  Both John and Sylvia talk about animals being on the other side, and in a reading on a gallery member in one of the early episodes of "Crossing Over" one woman only had a Poodle, a St. Bernard, and a donkey her family saved from the glue factory when she was a child come through - no people came through for her that day at all.  The reading stuck with me because only animals came through for her - I figured if I ever get read, it may take so long for him to wade through all the cats, dogs, rabbits, squirrels, birds, and other critters I've worked with over the years that any humans will get tired of waiting their turn and decide they'd just see me when I get there.  i've been to two of John's lectures, and he's legit.  He doesn't want anyone to tell him anything other than "yes" or "no" until he gets the info from the other side out, then sometimes he'll ask for details to fill in the blanks or to explain a funny story that was hinted at by the person on the other side.

You will see Tip again - and anyone else you've opened your heart to in your life - regardless of species.  I'm certain of it.

Where there's Life, there's Hope

Kathy

"There is nothing so strong as gentleness, and there is nothing so gentle as real strength." ~ Sir Francis de Sates