Thanks alot you guys for taking the time to offer your knowledge. I really
appreciate the help!

Well I've been cramming my brains out the last couple days, so more of this is
making sense. This site in particular has provided a lot of very useful info.
To answer a couple of your questions:

> Did your vet test for hemobartenella? Better yet is he treating for it, the
test often comes back negative even though the cat really is positive. I think
the preferred antibiotic for hemo is doxocycline (sp?), many vets will
prescribe it even if the test comes back negative because it won't hurt
anything and may very well save Brissle's life if she shows a false negative.

That's funny you ask, because I thought the same thing. There could be a small
chance that the anemia was caused by haemobartonellosis and the FeLV just
happened to already be there. When I saw my vet this morning, I asked him this
question. He hadn't tested specifically for haemobartonellosi, but he had
given her Baytril already on Friday and Saturday and just gave me a new
bottle.

> I'm not sure what your vet meant by being concerned about "lymph issues."
Did he mean he thought Brissle might have lymphoma or cancer of the lymphatic
system??

That was poor wording and ignorance on my part. He had pointed out the high
L/M figure as a point of concern when going over the report. But after
discussing it today, he wasn't diagnosing it as lymphoma or cancer. Actually,
we are still not sure of the exact cause of the anemia. Though he strongly
feels that it's FeLV induced. Hmm. I wonder if I should have that bone marrow
test done. I wonder why he didn't offer? Must be real expensive.

Well my vet wants to combine the Interferon and Immunoregulin therapies. He
wasn't too keen about the steroids because of side effects relating to it
being human form. But I found info about 'recombinant feline erythropoietin'
(rfEPO) here: http://www.news.cornell.edu/Chronicle/01/7.12.01/feline_epo.html
Does anyone know anything about this?

So I have a prescription now for the Interferon and will be ordering it soon
from Island Pharmacy. I'm also looking for a source of Immunoregulin (if
anyone knows one).

I'll be keeping my head up. For now, Brissle is doing well, eating like crazy.
She's real feisty and has the cutest personality. I'm not ready to let go
without a fight. I'll be watching her closely though. She's been cheerful so
far. But I'm not one of those people that consider pets possessions. If it
turns to daily suffering, I'll know I did everything I could.

Thanks again guys.

-Melbeach