Kathleen, I am so glad that she found you – I hope that she will be able to stay with you for the rest of her life.  I do have one feLV positive cat, Ginger who lives separately from the rest of my cats – I feel so badly sometimes because she is so alone (she was a feral, too, but now she loves me!!). I know that many of the people on the list mix their cats (with positives and negatives), but I can’t do so for Ginger for a couple of reasons.  I have 25 plus cats in the same house, and most of them are corona virus positives, because of Ginger’s condition, I can’t risk Ginger to get any virus from others, and also, I don’t vaccinate my cats so I will be also concerned about them getting FeLV if I mix them – but I am going to keep Ginger for the rest of my life no matter what – I just love her –

So, regardless what you decide to do, I hope you will always be her mom –

Hideyo

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Cherie A Gabbert
Sent: Monday, March 07, 2005 2:28 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: I'm new and green.I've rescued and am caring for Deirdre (FELV+)

She sounds wonderful and wonderfully happy in your home, I do not however think it is nessary to keep them seperated, I have a positive and 6 negatives that live very happily together...ok not so happy ALL the time but alot of the time they do.

Welcome, we will help any way we can.

Cherie

Kathy Gittel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I'd be grateful for any and all suggestions you have for diet,
vitamins, and care for Deirdre. I fed her outside and created a
shelter for her in my shed for 1 year when she first appeared under my
evergreen tree eating birdseed. She was about 6 months old then. I
trapped her this January 1st and had her spayed, de-flead, de-wormed
and got her all her shots. She was feral. During the last 3 weeks, she
finally began
to get friendly and is now a total mush melon. I love her. She has
taken up residence in my living room, because I must isolate her from
my other 6 cats to keep them free of FELV.

She has 2 windows, lots of toys, a couch, a special bed and she eats
Fancy Feast wet food and Adult Nutro dried food. I spend at least a
third of my time home with her.
She's extremely spunky, loving and playful. I'd like
to keep her that way for as long as possible. I'd appreciate any and
all suggestions you might have for me.

Thank You
Kathleen Gittel