From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Hideyo Yamamoto
Sent: Friday, March 11, 2005 1:17 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Ginger's vet visit

I took Ginger to the vet this morning for check up – not that something has been really wrong with her, but since her appetite goes up and down from time to time, I thought I should just make sure that all her organs are ok –

When I first got her about 5 months ago, she was about 6 months old, but she only weighed 2 lb.  But today, her weight was over 6 lb! – my little girl has grown so much!!

In house PCV test, her HCT value is 32 – but I also had them send it to a lab – which sometimes comes lower – but my vet thought her gum and tongue are nice and pink. –

I did FeLV/FIV test since I only did it once – I had a slight hope – maybe she won’t be positive anymore as I had read that about 2/3 of FeLV positive cats overcome the virus and test negative eventually.

But she was still positive – I was very sad, but at the same time, it really doesn’t change much in terms of how I take care of her anyway.

I felt so bad that Ginger freaked out so much – she got so scared because dogs there were barking all the time.  I hope this visit won’t have any negative effect on her well-being  due to the stress she experienced today.   She has not eaten as much and I was a bit worried, though she did drink a whole bowl of liver shake last night – I think she gets tired of eating same thing after a while – She loved baby food for a long time, and all of sudden she stopped eating it.   Then I tried cooked chicken, and she liked for a while.  Then, I tried smoked turkey, which she has loved for a while, now she is tired of it for now, she has loved steak, but looks like she is getting tired of it, too.  I try salmon, sardines, mackerel cans, too.  Let me know if you have any suggestions.

Please send Ginger positive energy that her test result will come back OK –

Thank you.

Hideyo & Ginger