Hideyo,
I'm sorry Ginger is off her food again.  My Gypsy is a really finicky eater and will stop eating too.  I can't remember who suggested it, (Belinda, maybe?), but when I've had to syringe feed Gypsy, I tell her that I won't have to do this, if she'll eat on her own.  I also offer her food right after syringing her and she usually will eat then.  I don't know, it kind of acts like a jump start for her.  I have also found that she'll eat a type of food, (chicken, fish, lamb etc.) as if it's her absolute favorite, and then a couple of days later turns her nose up at it and looks at me like I'm trying to get her to eat rat poison.  If I offer her something else, she'll lap it up.

I forgot to mention in my update about Jazz, I had also caught her licking cement, so I know she was anemic.  She still hasn't regained all her energy, but she's definitely feeling better and I haven't seen her licking cement in the last couple of days (since the VO).  I know Ginger is sequestered in a room by herself, could you put a clean cinder block in there and see if she licks it?  I still wish you could find a way to get Ginger a companion.  I hate to think of anybody having to live alone.  Having a room mate might help her overall health improve, who knows?

Nina

Hideyo Yamamoto wrote:

Ginger sort of stopped eating and have been force feeding her for the past couple of days – I need your prayer and healing vibes again, you guys.

Also, I got back Ginger’s blood work – all her organs seem to be fine, but her HCT was 26 (and it was 28 back in October) – I was sad that it did not go up from the first time I rescued her which was back in October. She looks so much better and weighs better, but still anemic – I really hate this virus –

Hideyo