How about Transfer Factor – it will be a good immune booster regardless of the health condition for older kitties -

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Barb Moermond
Sent:
Tuesday, March 15, 2005 3:34 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: OT: New addition

The only thing I remember for older kitties (and people) is B12.  Remember Jamie's family cat that was older than she was?  That's the only special thing they did for her.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hi all,

    Last week this time I picked up a kitty that was willed to my rescue that another Humane Society had delivered to me.  They drove over 3 hours to get her to me.

Never had one this old willed to me before. The person was put into a nursing home and passed on. This kitty I swear maybe had a few days of life in her...now she is progressing well...Amazing!

Anyway, the kitty is negative on the Felv/Fiv test

(they tested her).

She is a 15 yr old Spayed female Siamese purebred. She was extremely underweight she is a large boned kitty and has big feet. She could very easily weigh when healthy 14-15 pounds but she is lucky if she weighs 5-6 pounds at the time of arrival. Very nice personality gets along with my others.

I have been feeding her alot of different dryfoods because I free feed my kitties. Been giving her extra wetfood as well. She has gain almost a pound since being here. Fur is getting soft. She had diarrhea the first 2 days, now that is gone stools are solid and normal...YAY!

Is there something else that I can give her to help boost her system? Like supplements or something?

She will be pampered by my husband and I for the rest of her life. Last night she purred for the first time since being here. She is such a sweetie too...By the way she does sleep with us and the other kitties on our bed.

THANK GOD it's a King Size bed!

I'm open for any suggestions...thanks!

"My cat the clown: paying no mind to whom he should impress. Merely living his life, doing what pleases him, and making me smile."
- Anonymous

Do you Yahoo!?

<<image001.jpg>>

<<image002.jpg>>