Title: Message
I actually just took a look at the label for the dog food sample that I picked up and compared it to the cat food...the ingredients looked about the same (although the dog food has garlic and added vitamin C, it looks like)...but the big difference is in the protein content, naturally!  :)  The cat food claims 50% protein whereas the dog food claims 42%...which, admittedly, is probably higher than in most commercial cat foods!  I believe the main difference between foods geared towards cats as opposed to dogs is the protein/carb ratio...dogs just don't need the amount of protein that cats do (can cause kidney problems in dogs)...cats are pretty darned close to true carnivores whereas dogs will eat darned near anything (I can attest to that)!  :)
-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of MacKenzie, Kerry N.
Sent: Tuesday, April 12, 2005 9:10 AM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: For Jen: Innova dry--no grains!

This is such a strange coincidence---I called a potential petsitter yesterday, and she was waxing lyrical about her dry food of choice for her cats---grainless Innova Evo dog food (I've never bought Innova and had never heard of 'Evo'). She really was giving it the hard sell. When I asked her about the equivalent cat food, she said Innova hadn't got around to producing the cat food yet. I was a bit dubious about her using dog food for cats, even if it is superior quality, and was going to ask you guys about the wisdom of this practice--and lo and behold, Jen sends this email out the same day. I'll be calling the petsitter to let her know.

Thanks Jen!--Kerry