That's very interesting, thanks -

Gloria

At 05:10 PM 4/12/2005, you wrote:
Hideyo~
What are you using for anesthesia??
Do you think you could use isofluorane (gas)?? We have a plastic storage box, rigged up to our Iso machine. Have found that it is less stressful, and not as risky, to put the kitty in the box, turn up the Iso til they are out. Then, we draw blood and immediately administer oxygen, thus "waking" the cat up pretty quickly.
I really hate the use of "typical" anesthesia agents, and have worked w/ my regular vet, so that he now uses Iso for short procedures, rather than go w/ an injectable form.
And w/ Iso, there's really not the "need" to flush system w/ fluids immediately following.....
Just another idea/thought.
Patti