Tonya,
I just don't understand people!  It would make me madder, if it weren't so disheartening.  Imagine how those people must treat the humans in their lives.  I'm sure glad I don't have to depend on them!  My bet is they'll end up with no one to care for them when they need it.  I feel sorry for the children in that family.  I'm so glad you're opening your heart and home to sweet angel Puss!  The suggestions Jenn gave you sound really sound.  I'd probably end up sleeping on the bathroom floor with her!

I know what you mean about not getting support from family and friends.  My mother has been telling me to put Gypsy to sleep for months.  She also reminds me often about how my bottle babies would have met the same fate as soon as she found out their status.  She usually says this in a calm, reassuring voice, and I know she feels this way because she sees how hard their illnesses are on me, but PLEASE, this sort of "support" does not help.  I'm very fortunate to have the husband that I do, actually I'm very smart to have picked so wisely, (not without experiencing some real humdingers for comparison!)

Please let us know how Puss acclimates,
Nina

catatonya wrote:
Hi all,

I may be getting a new addition to the family. That's the good part.  The part that makes me madder than hell is that a 'family' turned in their 22 year old blind cat to a local shelter.  Talk about beyond belief..... How can someone do that?

Anyway, if no one else steps up before I get off at 3:00  I'm going to go get her tomorrow.  I can't stand to think of her living out her last days or being euthanized in a shelter.

Question:  What should I do about  felv vaccines?  Should a cat that old get vaccinations?  I wouldn't want to expose her to my group without them.  Also, being blind, should I start her out in a cage?  Any advice welcomed!!

We'll probably head to the vet and spend a few hundred dollars first thing. lol.  Actually I hope my vet will take pity on me. I'll let you know how it goes.

Also, I mentioned this to my mother and she was VERY negative about me taking her. It really hurt my feelings.  I've been worried about this cat all weekend. Here I am and I have to get up at 5.   I just don't understand how most people think I guess.  : (