From: Melbeach
Sent: Saturday, April 23, 2005 10:15 AM
Subject: Re: Brissle crashing again, bloodwork looks grim.

Brissle is doing okay now after the transfusion. She drank a ton of water last night. She has eaten a little bit. It's a cruel trick, the way they appear to make a complete turnaround after a transfusion. Maybe I can make this one take better. I could have done a much better job with food and supplementation. I started getting complacent not adding the Pet Tinnic to her food, probably worried that she won't eat it. I never did get around to buying some Transfer Factor either. Brissle's diet has been nothing but Science Diet cd/s (because of brother's urine crystals), Friskies wet food, and tuna. With her missing upper canines, I should really focus on more soft food. Only problem is keeping her brother away from it. He really needs the special food. Good thing is that he's finicky and Brissle isn't - so I could probably just buy wet food he doesn't like.

I will definitely be doing the marrow test on Monday. The $750 cost is rough. But I owe that to Brissle to at least find out what is going on. If we're real lucky, the problem will be something wierd not related to leukemia.

-Kyle