From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Nina
Sent: Thursday, April 28, 2005 7:59 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: I'm scared for Grace - dilated left pupil

I just posted about how well Grace has been doing.  I'm about to lose my
mind, I'm so scared.  I'm really trying to hold it together and not get
ahead of myself, but the thought of losing Grace, right after Jazz...
There must be something really wrong with me.  Grace has been doing so
well, I thought maybe...  just maybe...

About 2 hours ago I noticed that Grace's left eye's pupil is dilated.
It's contracting some in sunlight and getting bigger as the light
lessens, but it's definitely larger than her right eye.  It doesn't look
irritated, no tearing, no signs of abrasion.  I ran my fingers over both
sides of her eyes and face, the left side doesn't seem any different
than the right.  It doesn't seem to bother her when I touch that side.
She's acting perfectly normal otherwise.  In fact the last week or so,
she's been such a kitten.  Running, jumping cavorting, chasing great big
Kimba Cat around, just having a grand time with life, it's been such a
joy to witness.

I called my Internist's office and spoke with Michelle.  She said it's
possible that she got something on her paw and rubbed it over that eye,
a plant, or something in the yard that's toxic.  I don't think that's
it.  I don't think there's anything out there that is toxic, and if
there is, it's sure taken them a long time to find it.  Her other
thought was that it's something neurological.  Something, (oh shit),
pressing on her optic nerve and causing the pupil to dilate.  Her sister
Molly had a tumor behind, I think the same eye.  Her eye started to
protrude and then it ruptured when she was being rushed to the ER.  If
it's any worse by tomorrow, I'm going to go to my vet's and sit in the
lobby until she'll see me.  Do you think I should take her in even if it
remains stable?

Has anyone had any experience with this sort of thing?  Any ideas?  I
really don't think I can take it if I lose my Grace.  Please pray that
this passes and she's okay.

Nina