Title: Message
You really have seen a lot of bad stuff. It appals me that a vet would not treat a suffering animal. (What city was this?) The more I hear about vets the more horrified I am about them in general. No wonder we are so grateful when we find a decent human being among them. D'you think many of them start off being decent but then become jaded and desensitized?

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, May 04, 2005 10:43 AM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: I need ideas on best brand of carrier for feral

When I was working at the 24 Hour Emergency clinic it broke my heart.
People would rush in with animals in dire need of help, but if they couldn't put the money up front, then the vets would not even consider seeing them.
I know that veterinary medicine is a business, but w/ the prices they charge clients, sometimes it is impossible for someone to come up with the money right them, especially in an emergency situation.
And like I stated before, they had no problems euthanizing animals just for any reason. Hell, it was money in their pockets.
And after all my years working in no kill, I was just appalled that vets would actually euthanize so many healthy animals. (were moving, had "too" many,cats not using litterbox (DECLAWED, WONDER WHY?), and any reason would do.
It's no wonder I am burnt out now.......
Patti