Ok, I too have been reading things online and I even went to www.kittykind.org looks nice, but I have also read that 200 cats in one year.....come on we all have had sick and elderly cats but 200 in a 12 month time period that is an average of 16.66 a month that means more than half of the month one cat died A DAY...there is something wrong here.

As to taking the other cats out of the home, where would they put them?

There are always alternitives, spay, neuter and medicate, then release into a safe farm land environment....keep the elderly as they have special needs and the too sickly to medicate but otherwise fix me up and if no one can adopt them, they can even be tagged, all my cats have a chip in the neck, if they are lost they can be returned. Then let the kitties be free to roam, farms and farm land can be heaven for a kitty, all those mice and such yummy....

I do not agree with all you say, but then again I am a firm believer in an eye for an eye, and if you do me or my family, furr or child, wrong watch out my wrath is great.

Cherie

"MacKenzie, Kerry N." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> [...]
and fair? what sells papers? "woman overwhelmed with departed cats;
living ones in good shape?"<<<<

I know nothing about the case except what I read here on the list, and
as MaryChristine points out you certainly cannot take newspaper articles
as gospel---they're always slanted, it's the nature of the business.
So, I feel unqualified to weigh in, apart from to thank MaryChristine
for a well-balanced and carefully considered reminder of all the factors
that should be taken into account.
Kerry