I have one of the petmate fresh flow fountains, and my cats LOVE it (though I still have one that HAS to have you turn the bathroom sink faucet on everytime you go into the bathroom). If you buy one, go ahead and buy MANY refill filters, because in my experience they only last 2 weeks max, then they begin to get yucky and the cats are turned off by it. Make sure you don't have hard water in your area, if you do, use bottled water in the fountain, the pump will last longer that way and the cleaning will be SO much easier! If you find he prefers COLD water, the petmate fountains even have a hollow under them, and you can wedge one of those soft refreezable cold packs up under the fountain to keep the water cold. (though it is hard to pick up and set down when completely full without spilling water)

Jenn