You don't sound crazed, you sound like a wonderful person who is full of caring.  We all have regrets and have learned by our experiences.  Pets to Bones and hugs to you.
Del
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, May 29, 2005 12:31 AM
Subject: Re: emergency advice on starved cat needed

I look at it this way... if they wanted the cat in the first place, they would have posted her as missing at all the local vet's offices, so I've done enough already.

I just went to tend to her, and she can't get up. Her back is very unstable now. She is going to need surgery to stabilize the fractures (I am sure it is her back now). I'm going to call around tomorrow and see how much it is going to cost. If there is any way I can get her fixed, I will do it. I REFUSE to let this happen AGAIN. It's almost as if I have been given another chance to do the right thing this time. I don't know if you remember me ever telling you guys about Do-Dah... he broke his back, and at the time I was told to euthanise him and was not given any other options, and even if I had had them at the time, I could never have raised the funds to get him fixed (I was 8 months pregnant at the time and couldn't work). Then there was KiKi, he was hit by a car and I did not get to him in time, and he died because I wasn't responsible enough to keep him indoors. And then Moogie, who looked as sick as this cat did when I first got her, she died, and I've already gotten Bones past that point with home nursing. This is SO deja-vu, it's almost pushing me in the direction of believing in a higher power. KiKi was hit by a car, most likely this cat was too; Do-Dah broke his back, most likely this cat has too; Moogie was bone thin, dehydrated, and weak, this cat was too. I've regretted my mistakes the last time for years, and have always wanted to "make it right", and now, here it is, right in front of me. I am NOT going to let this cat die from injuries that can be fixed. I don't care if I have to work 60 hour weeks and beg on the street with a tin cup. I'm going to find out which vet around here can DO this kind of surgery tomorrow, and I'm going to ask them if I can arrange to send donations directly to their office. If that's doable, then I will do a very in depth donations campaign online and see if I can get some funding that way too. Of course, I plan to spend every dime I have to spare on her too. Pay rent, buy cat food, buy the minimal amount of human groceries, and put everything else into Bones. I am NOT going to be forced into the same corner again, I refuse to take no for an answer this time. I will buy this cat a wheelchair if she needs one. This is not happening to me again! If this is some sort of test, I will pass it, If this is some sort of redemption, I will be redeemed. I am not going to fail, I will not let this cat down! I know I must sound crazed, but if you had been in my shoes, you would be this way too.