I don't know if Bramble has ever had a FeLV shot. Like I said I've only had these 3 for just over 3 weeks now from the sanctuary. There they put FIV and FeLV cats in a pen together which is crazy - they should never expose an FIV cat to an FeLV cat (a) a because FeLV is easier to spread than FIV and especially to an FIV cat and (b) both will be more prone to infection and there is a higher risk of cross infections or so I would assume. Unfortunately they don't appear to know enough about either disease and just assume they are the same in that they weaken the immune system. So there is every chance that Both Bramble and Buddy are FIV and FeLV+ because they have been living together with Minstrel for 2 years already. The sanctuary manager just said well the diseases are much the same thing really - I accepted that until I started to research more on FeLV and found out that was rubbish. The more knowledgeable people I have met via internet based support groups were shocked to hear that the sanctuary kept them together. When the whole situation with Bramble has settled whichever way that turns out - I am going to get Buddy and Minstrel both checked again to see what I am dealing with - they have only been tested once when they were younger as far as I know and they are now 2 years old. I need them to settle a bit more first - they are great affectionate cats and settled well but they won't let me pick them up so I can't get a hold of them yet. Bramble does but he is about 9 and not in good health.

Michelle L