I tried to send this but it was sent back because I was not a member... Just
thought it might be an idea if she has someone who can temporarily foster
this kitty....

Read this on a cross-post to FELV group.  Just an idea for you.  I had a
very similar thing happen to me with my local shelter.  The kitten I found
reacted in much the same way & they asked if perhaps I could put him back
where I found him since I was feeding another stray there as they thought he
was too 'feral'!  What I worked out with them was that I would foster him
for a couple of weeks.  Well, I have one cat already who was not too
thrilled but I found that somehow they all took to the pain in the neck
kitten who followed them around continuously!  Occasionally, there were some
swats but no more than his own mother would have given him to teach him how
to behave. Anyway, after a couple of weeks he was really pretty well
socialized-was still afraid if you came upon him suddenly but then, I'd be
afraid if something as big as a person suddenly loomed over me.  I made a
deal with the shelter that I would bring him there every AM & pick him up in
the PM so that he could be shown for adoption-It took 3 days & someone came
in and fell in love with him & took him home...So much for the 'feral'
kitten label they had hung on him!!!

Chris
[EMAIL PROTECTED]