I talked to one of my vets today and we are going to start Val on dex
injections tomorrow morning.  She said she didn't start him on it in the
beginning because she does not like the longterm side effects, so I was
mistaken on the reason why.  I also asked her about Elspar....she actually was
involved in setting up a protocol for its use in dogs and at that time it was
not used in cats, as far as she knows about its use in cat nowadays(and she
said she'd look into it more) it is used in a chemo protocol called VELCAP in
which it is used in the first week along with cytoxan, it is given SQ because
side effects occur less intensely that way; one of which is an allergic
anaphylaxis so its supposed to be given 30 minutes after benadryl.  each chemo
for the next weeks 2-6 alternates between vincrystine & adriamycin and
prednisone is started.  so it seems from the feline info she had at the top of
her head that he would evetually need IV chemo anyway.  Is this what your cats
had? !
 or did they just get one injection of Elspar?  If you could somehow get your
veterinarians protocol for its use she was actually very interested and willing
to try it in the future.  We always use a chemo protocol called COPA or COP
which uses either vincrystine or Adriamycin along with some weeks combining the
injection with cytoxan, and those 2 have to go IV because they cannot get
outside the vein.
One last question did you give depo at the same time, and was it just one
injection because its long lasting right?
Thanx again Kristi