From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of catatonya
Sent: Tuesday, June 14, 2005 5:01 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: New to felv have questions

Peggy,

I am so sorry for your loss.  How long have Petal and Flower lived together already?  How long did they live with Thorne?  When I was in a similar situation I separated like you have done, but mine had already lived together at least 3 months, so I just brought my positive cat back home and let her live with the rest of my cats.  No one ever caught it from her.

It's important to know who was newest to the household, etc... to try to determine what's best, but most likely, if Flower has already lived with the other 2 positive cats for any amount of time she either already has it and is just not testing positive (yet) or she's not going to get it.

tonya

Peggy Rankin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

This alst week has been the worst for me, I have three cats,  Flower Petal and Thorne.  Last thursday we had to put Thorne to sleep she was diagnosed with felv and lymphoma, she was barley a year old.  Yesterday we were told that Petal is positive and FLower is negative.  I have placed Flower in my father home for now.  My concern is for Petal, she is 5 years old and the vet said she is healthy but positive.  The vet told for now all we do is wait and retest in six weeks but I feel I should be doing more.  I sorry ot say I didnt know much about Felv till now but I am so confused. so for this is the only palce I found for help.

Discover Yahoo!