Robin,

I'm so sorry to hear about Norman.  It's such a 'lost' feeling you have when you lose so many so close together.  Be good to yourself.  It takes a lot out of you going through so much grief.  I am so sorry, but I'm glad Norman and your other positives found a loving and understanding home.

tonya

Robin Sarafinchan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I've been off and on the list since one of our cats tested positive almost 2 years ago.  Norman was quite healthy up until a month ago when he became lethargic and his appetite diminished.

Blood work showed him to be anemic (13) so we did a transfusion which improved his condition a bit for a few weeks but he still wasn't eating much and hadn't much energy.

Tuesday night suddenly he could no longer stand up and seemed in real distress so we took him to the vet in the morning and helped him cross over to the bridge.

It's always an agonizing decision to make but I feel it was the right one.

I just wanted to thank you to everyone for their advice and for listening.  This is the third cat we've lost in less than 2 years (the others due to other illnesses).

For statistics, Norman was 5 years old but I don't know how long he was FELV+ (was only initially tested 2 years ago).  It's such a horrible disease, I hope someday some of my money can go to research.

For now, we're going to retest our other three cats, hope they continue to be negative and go from there.   I know there will be more furkids in our lives.

Thank you for listening.

Robin