Sent: Friday, June 24, 2005 7:48 PM
Subject: Re: Flavia further update

That is great news about Flavia-- amazing actually-- at least tentatively. >From 7.5 to 21 in a matter of 2 days is truly amazing. I wish so much that when Simon crashed at the end, with a hematocrit of 8, that he had let them put the catheter in to transfuse him. He had been so traumatized by them sticking him a lot one time that he fought it every time after that, and when his hematocrit was 8 he could not breathe while fighting and they said he would die from the fighting and not breathing and would not transfuse him.  I wish I had tried to get them to, or to tranquilize him or something.  I did not think getting up to 21 was a likely outcome from a HCT that low, but Flavia shows that is wrong.  God, I hope that she pulls through this.
Michelle