Kerry,
  I know that you do not like the house call vets you have used thus far, but would you trust them just for the purpose of administering the I-R while you are gone if they would be willing to do that? For a vet, giving an IV shot is incredibly easy and takes a minute. It is not something you should have to trust their judgment or demeanor much about (famous last words I guess) and it would be much less stressful for Flavia and for your petsitter. I have never used a house call vet myself and so am not recommending this because I have a preference for them or because I think you should start using them. Just in this instance, with her being feral and you going away and your petsitter being stretched, it seems like it might make sense. You could schedule the visits ahead of time for every 3 days for the first 4 treatments (if you want to follow that schedule) and then do the next one after you get back.

As far as the side effects go, when Ginger got hers there were posts on this group recommending doing a lower dose with her next time.  Apparently if they get side effects the protocol is to knock the dosage in half the next time and go from there. It is very rare though (the shelter uses it a lot and has not noticed anyone have the effects Ginger had, although they also do not scrutinize the cats like I do due to sheer numbers and since the effects only last an hour or so and are not necessarily very apparent I would not guarantee none of the cats has actually gotten them).

And please stop thanking me! Almost everything I have learned I have learned from this group and am just spitting back out what I have learned and what I have used.  And I do not know that any of it will work.  Some things have helped with my cats, but I also feel like I have done things that have not helped and things that have made matters worse. I hope that my suggestions help you and Flavia, but there is also every chance that they will make things worse. I know that I use a very authoritative tone sometimes because I have strong opinions about things I think are more likely than others to work, and because I am used to writing in that way from being a lawyer, but that does not mean that my opinions are actually authoritative.

Good luck, Kerry. I think about you and Flavia often. Every time this happens to one of the cats I hope and pray that this time we will figure something out collectively that will help long-term, or that whatever is wrong is different from all the other times and will actually resolve long-term.
Michelle