Hi Anne,
I have a couple of ferals that let me stand very close to them while they eat. When it's time to dose them with flea meds I give them something extra special and squat next to them. Very casually, get the tube over their neck as close into the fur as you can to the skin and squeeze! I know it says to part the hair and get it on their skin, but so far getting it into their fur and close to the skin, (make it one quick motion), has been enough to rid them of fleas. You'll probably have to wait a couple of days, since Simms is most likely pretty leary of you at the moment. Since Revolution isn't oil based, (like Advantage), the cats don't seem to object to it as much. Did you read the warnings about flea meds that have been posted lately? Revolution is more dangerous than Advantage, especially if there are any breaks in the skin. Michelle L. suspects that Revolution caused her cat Bramble to have seizures. You should never use it on sick, old, or very young cats. Here's a quote from the vet on my IBD list: "Neither product [advantage or frontline] is absorbed systemically so the margin of safety is very wide. This is in contrast to Revolution which is a prescription-only flea product but is also absorbed internally to kill internal parasites".

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hi everybody,
Just wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to get some Revolution on a cat (my boy, Simms, FeLV+ carrier) that doesn't like to be touched much. Simms has been scratching a lot lately. He is such a sweetheart but being tricky with me. I have actually gotten my hands on him twice but somehow he struggles so well and fast and hard that it stuns me how quick he can ditch my grasp. I have tried putting his favorite treat on a dish in the bathroom and put a rope on the doorknob and when he entered once, I pulled the rope from around the corner, but no dice, he was too quick. I have had luck with a big fishing net in the past, once with him, but he is wise to that trick, too, now. I tried casually dropping a blanket on him but he caught on to that really quickly. I have a humane live trap but it would be pretty difficult to get him hungry enough for that to work with my feeding all my other cats twice a day plus my greedier cats would probably have to be busted all the time, ha. Anybody been in this situation and have some tips for me and my boy?
Anne and Jimi Too Cool, Simms and Sophie, among other furry friends in MI