You BOUGHT a $450 area rug?!!!??? (Oo)

You must not be as much of a crazy cat lady as some of the rest of us. We don't even have cheap $6 bath mats on the floor. I have one, but I keep it thrown up over the shower bar, and only use it during showers, as soon as I am dry, I pick it up and throw it back up out of "cat pee reach". I forgot to put it up yesterday, and now I have to wash it today, it's in the "cat pee" hamper now.

I wouldn't suggest replacing the rug.... it will just be ruined again. Rugs are a real waste of money if you have cats.

I have a "rug" at the door entrance. It's a 2 foot long cut section of heavy-duty rubber backed high traffic carpet runner (the industrial stuff you see at businesses in the aisles). If they pee on it, the pee stays on it, and doesn't soak through to the carpet under it. I take it to the car wash down the road, pour a gallon of undiluted vinegar on it, let it soak for 5 minutes, and then spray it with the high pressure car soap (it's hot), then rinse it with the high pressure rinse. I got it at a reduced price at the hardware store, because it was a remnant, cost me $12 ($6 a foot).