how do you put the tape on the door frames? doesn't it ruin the paint?

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Clawing used to be an issue for me, they still shred the couch, but not the door frames anymore. I put long strips of regular clear packaging tape over all the door frames in scratching reach, and they decided they didn't like the feel of it anymore, because it's slippery and they can't dig in like on the bare wood, plus if they try too hard, the tape comes off and usually sticks on them, and they are running through the house with tape stuck on their bodies, like they are being attacked by a pack of coyotes... absolutely scares the bejesus out of them! I also, a few years back, invested in a absolutely WONDERFUL cat tree, I HIGHLY recommend the company to everyone now, my cats have SHREDDED this thing, and it still looks good, after 3 years and 5 cats. It was a bit pricey though.... http://www.4yourcat.com/pussicat/index.php
I have the Mont Blanc tree, with the optional large base, plus I've added on a few extra parts over the years, which is what is so cool about these, they are completely modular, and you can re-arrange them and add on endlessly. I can send anyone who is interested in seeing my current set up a picture in private emails... my pics are too big to send via the list. If you wanna see it (and my livingroom) send me a private email at [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I am getting the idea slowly but surely, I have leather kitchen chairs that of course are ripped beyond repair....the door jams in the house are ripped beyond repair, (even though I do try) even the new rug I just put down is already snagged....clawing does not bother me PEE bothers me big time.
Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.