Tile has grout, grout is porous. I'd advise against it, unless this guy has some kind of industrial sealer he puts over all the grout that is cat pee proof. My mom remodeled her kitchen once. She had fancy tiled countertops installed. They were BEAUTIFUL! She spilled coffee on it... grout turned permanently tan in one spot. She spilled kool-ade on it, grout turned permanently pink in one spot. She scrubbed with bleach... it didn't help. She was devastated. She sold the house and moved to another city, after spending all that money on this place. It was spectacular (except for the discolored brand new tile countertops). Never underestimate the crushing power of defeat.