My vet makes a slurry of some canned food and water and chases pills down with a syringe of that.  Typically the cats will eat it and wash down their pills better than with plain water.

tonya

Nina <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Kerry R,
I sent you a pretty extensive reply to your off-list inquiry, but I
wanted to add something about Dox. It is pretty harsh stuff and can
cause esophagus damage if it doesn't get swallowed properly. They tell
you not to lie down directly after taking the stuff. Always chase it
with at least a couple of ccs of water, watch for Bandy to swallow! You
don't want this stuff getting stuck in his throat. What I do to make it
even safer is put it in a small gel-cap, (you can get empty gel caps at
most health food stores, or use a small one from other sups that you
empty). Michelle Lerner coats her pills with Nutrical, but I've found
it's too sticky. I use a tiny bit of olive oil, or margarine to grease
it up. If you can get Bandy to drink, or eat a tiny bit right
afterward, all the better.

Some cats have good response to transdermals, (drugs made into creams
and applied to the ear for absorption), others don't. If Bandy doesn't
seem to be getting the expected relief from the Pepcid in this form, you
could grind up the tablets, (I forget the dose, I think it's a 1/4 tab
of the "original" formula), and add it to his food.

Keep us informed, prayers for Bandy's speedy recovery,
Nina