Hi Gloria,
I'm sorry Lance isn't all better, it sure sounds like you and he have been through alot of treatment options looking for something to help him. I've never had this sort of problem with someone under my care, but when I was reading up on Budesonide for Gypsy's IBD, (instead of Pred), I found out it's prescribed, (for people), as an inhalant for allergy problems. When they use it for IBD, it's in an injectable form. It's a corticosteroid used to treat the symptoms that Lance is displaying. Have you talked about it with your vet? The link below is the first one that came up when I Googled it just now.
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginfo/medmaster/a601030.html

How about Lyprinol? It's an Omega acid anti inflammatory that's made from sea mussels, I'm giving it to my GSD Zevon for his spine problems and it seems to be helping. Some folks on my IBD list have given it to their cats too. It's so hard to know if Zevon is doing well because of it, or something else that I'm doing for him, but his spinal problems are suppose to be degenerative and he's remained stable in his symptoms for a couple months now. Here's the link to their product information page:
http://www.lyprinol.com/home.htm

As far as getting the TF into Lance... Sally says she gives it up to 3 times a day for kitties that are in distress. She mixes it with a little water and syringes it, in an assist-feeding kind of way. It doesn't taste bad, in fact my kitties eat it happily mixed with some babyfood. Is Lance a picky eater usually?

I sure hope that Lance makes a complete turnaround soon. He's so young, what's with this fellow? Doesn't he know how hard you're trying to get him better? Keep us informed,
Nina

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

OK - Lancelot's getting better but still not out of the water! Again, he is a mostly white, felv- cat (maybe 1.5 yr old) with allergies.

I took him to a second vet I go to, 1 hour away. She did ozone, and gave me Ovaban (sp). He did get better. We did 1 week of daily Ovaban, then once a week.

He's not scratching as badly, swelling has gone down, his nose isn't nearly as plugged up, but he still looks somewhat inflamed and a little sniffly. I'm taking him back to her this week sometime, for more ozone. He's still red faced, a bit.

Before that, he had Amoxi, Zeniquin, Dex, Tylosin, intereferon, blood test, skin biopsy, ear fungal test, other stuff. Have tried Transfer Factor periodically, but hard to do because of the picky way he eats (and having 8-9 other cats). Have used Interferon regularly.

I just can't get this kitty "WELL". Somebody suggested Cyclosporin. First vet said this is expensive, I'll ask the second vet. But they say he has ALLERGIES. I am changing to Petguard (health food store) pet food. Any suggestions for allergies? Trying to get this kitty well!

Gloria