Julie,
I'm not sure if we've discussed this before, but I am positive that what saved Gypsy's life from IBD was a raw diet. She was also on Pred and Flagil, and, well, you name it. The raw allowed her system to process food the way it's suppose to.

I do remember you talking about removing the teeth of a one year old. Another fighter! Along with superb caregiving, you must be one heck of a cheerleader! Keep up the good work girl.
Nina

Julie Johnson wrote:

Hi Nina,
Thanks so much; it's great to be back among my friends. He definately had lots of good kitty vibes going on; in fact, he said one of the things that made it hard to sleep in the hospital was the absence of cats on the bed! I may have written about Tater Tot; he's from the litter of the sickest kittens ever born. He had all his teeth pulled at 1 year of age because he had such sever and aggressive stomatitis. He's only 6 and he's such a little clown; I miss his antics. Tommy is my IBD kitty and he has good days and bad. Earlier this summer we tried him on a course of Flagyl and prednisone and there really was no change. We also tried him on a course of antibiotics (he had a slightly elevated WBC count and Wendy thought there was a possibility he had some minor infection along the tract somewhere) which really had no affect. I've been giving him raw hamburger lately and he loves it and I think he may have marginally better digestion when he eats it. Brownie is such a wonder! He's such a happy fellow despite everything he has endured. Julie