Thoughts and prayers coming your way Jenn.  When it rains it pours......  I'm sorry you're going through all of this right now.  I hope everyone is feeling better soon and I wish for money to grow on trees for you!

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Mythic is MUCH better tonight, he is sitting in my lap, purring contently, something he hasn't done for a week until today! The shots REALLY help.. I just hate to do them, because it's NOT a cure, it's like putting a bandaid over a splinter, it doesn't fix anything, it just covers up the problem. That being said, I'm SO happy he is feeling better already, and glad I did decide to break down and do the shots for him for now. (allergy testing can come in a few months after he has more skin grown back)

Now, on to the bad news.... (the new rescue cats)

My little Somali rescue girl (Somi) had to go to the vet for emergency surgery today, she has a Pyrometra (infected puss filled female organs). They are life threatening, so she's being opened up first thing in the morning. Luckily, it was not bad yet, and I was keeping a close eye on her (I was hoping she could hold off until they got back to me about a rescue discount). As soon as I went in to feed them this morning, I KNEW she had taken a turn for the worse. She had been letting me pet her, and greeting me, and today, she HISSED at me, and didn't want to be touched. I immediately loaded her up and rushed her in to the vet. They called me tonight and said it was not serious enough yet to need immediate surgery, and that she is stable enough to wait until morning. She's on fluids now, and resting until morning when she goes in for surgery. They said it CAN happen in spayed females, but it's not as common as in unspayed ones, so that means that the vet that said he "thought" my girls were both already spayed, might have been wrong about BOTH of them, so I'm going to have to be SURE Lily is spayed before she leaves too. This, however, uses up all my funds that WERE going to be used to get ALL the cats vetted, and ready to adopt. I can't even afford to do the FELV testing now, for another week, and the nice big male Bengal (the sprayer) has nasty explosive diarrhea now too (it just oozes out his butt everywhere), so HE needs to go to the vet ASAP (hopefully it can be cured with some Albon or metronidazole). I'm going to ask them tomorrow if they will see him, even though I don't have all the money this week. They did say they would take payments for Somi's surgery, and they estimate it will be around $200 so far (if nothing else goes wrong).

Right now, my main concerns are making sure my Somali girl SURVIVES, and fixing Big Guy's diarrhea!

Jenn
http://ucat.us
http://ucat.us/domesticcatlinks.html
Adopt a FIV+ cat: