What a terrible story and what a wonderful thing you have done for these little guys….  There do seem to be a lot of unscrupulous or ignorant people out there doing ‘rescue’—I admire anyone who does rescue responsibly and carefully but have no sympathy for those who start out without knowing what they’re doing…  It sounds like this woman defines ‘rescue’ as saving from the shelter but has no clue as to what to do then—she maybe sounds like a hoarder?  Perhaps you should post your story on some of the rescue group sites as well as here so that an alert can go out about her.  Unfortunately, with her willingness to step in at critical times, her 50 cats will jump to hundreds in a very small period of time….

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, August 25, 2005 1:44 AM
To:
felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: CLS

Belinda,

Regretfully, will you add dear, sweet, little Ellen to the CLS as deceased. 8/24/05.

She just "gave up" late yesterday, and all I could do was hold her in my arms thru the night, whispering reassurances to her that although all 1.3 lbs. of her put up such a brave, determined effort to "fight", it was okay for her to go to sleep and join the other fur-angels. She had earned her "wings".  She  passed, quietly in my arms during the early morning hours.

I am completely devastated with losing her.....

Such a sweet, tiny little baby, but she's struggled so hard to stay alive.

She tried so hard, she had a determined spirit for such a frail baby.

But she was just so small, so innocent.

She just didn't have the strength to fight anymore, and it was heartbreaking to look in her eyes & realize she'd just given up.

For the short time she was with me, she definitely stole a big piece of my

heart...........

What a cruel fate, such an awful death, for her & all the others that died senselessly because of the irresponsibility of her "supposed" rescuer.

Yes, they were "spared" the horror of the gas chamber, but for all these innocents to die such a "horrible" death due to the "transport from hell", I wonder which fate would have been the lesser of the two evils.......

The heartbreak of all this is also NOT knowing how many other innocents died from exposure to the still "UNKNOWN KILLER" of the transported cats, all due to the failure of the person doing the transport to be upfront & honest with all of us involved. And also how many cats are STILL at risk because the while truth hasn't been told???

Also, her sheer DISREGARD for the lives of these babies by basically just cramming the 20+ cats into a small vehicle, UNVETTED WITH NO PAPERWORK from the shelter, mixing litters, crammed into carriers & the cardboard "temporary" carriers, like sardines, without food, water or even a damn litterbox for the long ride , non-stop, from Georgia to Pa., on one of the hottest, most humid days,then to Ohio, then to N.Y., then finally back to HER home in Pa. (a 2 bedroom townhouse, in which she already is housing 50 (Yes, FIFTY!!!), of her own cats!!!!

AND, as if things couldn't be any worse, this was her SECOND large transport from the SAME SHELTER in a two week period!!

How in the hell could this be allowed to happen???

This woman is NOT A RESCUER, BUT A MURDEROUS COLLECTOR!!!

I apologize for my harshness, I am NOT an evil person....

But I am over-ridden with grief & guilt.  If I had been able to think that afternoon, I should have called The Adams Co. SPCA to the scene, but I just did not have my "wits" together......Regrets, I am having a VERY difficult time DEALING w/ the reality & gravity of the horror!

The SENSELESS loss of so many lives, the unknown number of other innocents that are now in danger.....

Right now, I would like to put this woman in the trunk of a small car on a hot, humid day, drive 600-700 miles, and then "toss" her in a gas chamber...

I do not mean to offend anyone on this list. God knows, I love you all and you all have been such a wonderful, supportive, compassionate group of people, no doubt this list has always been my favorite due to the fact of the "closeness" & support.

So, please forgive me, but I NEEDED TO VENT!!!

I am totally heartbroken and have lost faith in what RESCUE is supposed to be about...

I always believed it meant "saving" the innocents, NOT killing them.

 After this, I think it's time I just throw in the towel.

My heart is broken, to the point I am saying hateful things.

It's time to quit.

Patti