-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of TenHouseCats
Sent: Wednesday, September 07, 2005 3:03 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: Adult cat resistance to Felv

if she finds the link/cite, PLEASE let us know!

On 9/7/05, Nina <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
> I've been discussing resistance ratios of healthy adult cats to Felv
> with the vet that monitors my IBD list.  She just sent this to me this
> morning and knew you guys would be interested.
> Nina
>
> Lisa...this is a question that comes up quite frequently.
> The natural resistance to FeLV infection in cats older than 4 to 6
months
> is very well established among feline retrovirologist.  While
> susceptibility to FIV remains constant throughout life, that simply is
not
> the case with FeLV.  While it is NOT impossible to infect an adult
cat,
> the inoculate of FeLV has to be really significant (or repeated) in
order
> to infect.
>
> This has been shown in virtually all FeLV vaccine Challenge studies
> involving adult cats.  It is MOST difficult to assess efficacy of an
FeLV

--
MaryChristine

AIM / YAHOO: TenHouseCats
MSN: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
ICQ: 289856892

<hr>

IRS CIRCULAR 230 NOTICE. Any advice expressed above as to tax matters was
neither written nor intended by the sender or Mayer, Brown, Rowe & Maw LLP to
be used and cannot be used by any taxpayer for the purpose of avoiding tax
penalties that may be imposed under U.S. tax law. If any person uses or refers
to any such tax advice in promoting, marketing or recommending a partnership or
other entity, investment plan or arrangement to any taxpayer, then (i) the
advice was written to support the promotion or marketing (by a person other
than Mayer, Brown, Rowe & Maw LLP) of that transaction or matter, and (ii) such
taxpayer should seek advice based on the taxpayers particular circumstances
from an independent tax advisor

<hr>