I am a big believer in the spray version of Feliway.  I don't particularly like the plug in version.  That, coupled with catnip (fresh or organic dried) might help.  Have you tried sitting down with your little ones and explaining exactly what happened to Simon.  They may not understand.  It is difficult to put such into words, particularly when you may be telling them of their own futures, but they really need to know what happened, why it happened, that it may happen with them but that you will be there and listen to them and let them guide you in your decision making process and, most importantly, that you will always be there for them and the Simon is there for them if they will just be open and let his heart talk to their hearts.  They may be feeling lost because they have no information.  It is extremely painful to explain this so have a box of tissues close but don't be afraid to let them see tears.  I found out three years after Allie died that Mai Mai didn't really understand.....and I brought Mai Mai with me when I buried Allie, let her see and be with Allie's body for a while.....I thought I did everything right but obviously I left something out.  You might try the Bach remedies--willow for grief comes to mind--in their water bowl.  Maybe a combination of all of this and what others suggest will help.   They are very confused.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, September 10, 2005 12:20 PM
Subject: Fwd: [NMHP] One cat at the bottom of the totem pole

Hi. I am trying to clear out my email box, saw this, and thought it might help some of you with multi-cat stress problems (cat stress, not your stress! though decreasing their stress helps decrease ours, of course).  I would try the hidden treat thing if Lucy was not on a special bladder stone diet that prohibits treats at the moment. I may try it in the future. My three remaining positives fight constantly ever since Simon died.  Ginger loved him, Lucy liked him, and Patches hit him when she needed to hit someone and he ran away rather than hit her back. Now they all just bicker all the time, and sometimes worse.
Michelle