Kerry,

I do a lot of animal transport.  The way it works with
us is that a volunteer drives approximately 60 miles,
more or less if they desire.  At that point, we hand
off the animal to the next volunteer.  For cats, we
crate them and send a litter box.  For dogs, we allow
for potty breaks.  Most of the transport coordinators
have volunteers along the desired route that agree to
help out.  I tend to go between NY, OH, KY, PA, etc.
so most of my volunteers are in those areas.  It is
really cool how it all works.

--- "MacKenzie, Kerry N."

Amy Wilkins
Woof Wagon