We only started testing the cats initially two years ago so I don't know how long our postive was positive but once we found out he was we vaccinated the others.

The negative Elisa/IFA tests were all done a month ago, after our postive died.

We didn't deliberately mix but there was no way I was going to separate our positive from his buddies.  I have to say now that I would probably test any incoming cats first.  I imagine some strains are more virulent than others and I wouldn't feel good exposing our existing cats again.

I kind of wish for the old days when we didn't know about FELV and just adopted needy cats.