If her gums are white, she is VERY anemic.  With anemia that is more mild, you should notice that her gums, nose, and/or paw pads are paler than normal, and/or that if you press on her gums with your thumb the blood does not rush right back.  Interferon will not hurt, and we all give it in the hope that it helps, but lots of cats (my Simon included) get very sick while on Interferon so it is not a cure-all.  If you have not taken her to the vet, I would.
Michelle